Electric scooters have become popular as a convenient and environmentally conscious way of traveling through some of the busiest areas. Still, as with any mode of transportation, sometimes accidents occur. If you’ve been injured in a scooter accident, you may be wondering how accident claims work. Here’s what you should know about protecting your rights and getting the compensation you deserve.
With their rising popularity, electric scooters are now available through a variety of apps, allowing riders access with just a couple of taps on their smartphones. Unfortunately, without easy access to helmets, when accidents do occur, the resulting injuries can be catastrophic. Common injuries include:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Cuts and abrasions
- Sprains and strains
- Head injuries
Filing a scooter claim
If you have been injured in a scooter accident, it’s important to take certain steps to care for yourself and protect your legal rights. Here’s what to remember:
- Seek medical attention – When you have been injured it’s important to seek immediate medical attention – even if you believe it’s minor. Not only can being seen by a medical professional ensure that nothing is seriously wrong, but it can also serve as invaluable documentation to back up your claim.
- Collect evidence – Take photos and videos of the scene, injuries, property damage, the weather, and street conditions. Also, take pictures of the scooter’s identification details and collect the information of any witnesses.
- Report the accident – Be sure to report the accident to the scooter rental company as well as the local authorities.
- Consult with a qualified attorney – It can be extremely helpful to consult with a knowledgeable and experienced Texas personal injury lawyer who has experience with scooter accidents and can help provide guidance when it comes to your legal options. Your attorney can work with you to file a claim with the responsible party’s insurance company, and will negotiate to secure a fair settlement on your behalf or represent you in court if need be.
If you are successful in your claim, you may be entitled to various types of compensation, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Legal fees
Remember that time is of the essence and the sooner you contact a qualified personal injury attorney, the better.
The attorneys at Rochelle McCullough help those in Dallas who have been injured in a scooter accident
If you or a loved one has been injured in a scooter accident, it can be very overwhelming. When you are already dealing with your injuries, the last thing you want to worry about is dealing with insurance companies. You shouldn’t have to bear the burden of someone else’s negligence Be sure to speak with a qualified Texas personal injury attorney as soon as possible. You may be entitled to compensation.
The lawyers at Rochelle McCullough will help fight for your rights. To schedule a consultation, contact us today.